Monday, August 24, 2015

Deep Gospel Discussions and Friends Inviting Friends




Hey All!

This week was incredible! Sister Corey and I hit the streets on Saturday and talked to so many people. We found a teenage girl who wants to learn more and she's the sweetest girl! She was so touched when we shared her a little message about how God loves her. She told us that she always wanted to go to church and be a part of a youth group but could never find one. We also talked to so many people who were of different faiths and it was really amazing talking about religion. I have literally had so many intellectual discussions out here that I might as well major in philosophy when I get home because trust me.....I've discussed it all. Who would have thought that I'd be talking about scripture with a professor of Chinese Literature at George Washington University? Or, that one time where I taught a corporate lawyer about the concept of pride and charity? I'm tellin' ya folks, I have been in some really intense, yet incredible situations out here!

Our investigators are amazing. Last week they BOTH told Sister Corey and me that they know the Gospel is true and are preparing themselves to make the commitment of baptism. Our one investigator decided to take a detour to the temple and booked a personal tour at the Visitor's Center all on his own! He also broke it to his family and friends that he's "considering becoming a Mormon" and to his surprise, they were all cool with it. It was such a faith builder for him to know that the Lord is always on your side. I feel like I don't emphasize enough about all the miracles that go down in this neck of the woods. But, let me tell you that every day I am so touched by all the beautiful things that are happening in this area. I witness so many tender mercies on a daily basis.

For example, we have been teaching this older gentlemen who used to be this really powerful lawyer in New Jersey. He said he didn't want to be converted or to be taught, but merely wanted to have "intellectual discussions about Christ". He is friends with many members of the Potomac Ward and is a fun person to talk to so...why not? Over the past couple of "discussions" we have seen a huge change in him. On Friday, he told us that he loves our little sessions so much that he wants to hear ALL the lessons we have. In addition, he shared that he has been telling his friends about his "meetings with the Mormon Missionaries". Right after he told us that, he shared that he invited a friend who wants to know more and that he would be coming in 10 min. Then, just this morning, we had a lesson with him and this friend brought another friend! Sister Corey and I feel so honored to teach him AND his friends!

I love this gospel and I love all of you, 

Sister Kelly



The roads I drive. The car I don't drive.
Focus on the license plate. Personalized license plates are a thing in VA.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS