Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Break-Up, A Fro-Yo Surprise Party and Avery


Hey Everyone!

Sister Corey and I had quite the week. We went to a "Return and Report" meeting with all the trainers and trainees in the mission. The Huntsmans were there. (Our new mission president and his wife) Always good to see them! Funny coincidence that my MTC companion is training Sister Corey's MTC companion :)




We had to drop one of our investigators who has been with us since March. He basically "broke up" with us, but we left on really good terms...kinda like one of those "let's take a break" relationships. It was sad but it was needed.

All I gotta say is, that by the time my mission ends, I'll be so prepared for getting dumped and stood up...and ignored. Ha! But seriously, the struggle is so real sometimes.

But, we have some awesome investigators right now. It's so incredible to see them grow. I love the Potomac Ward. I don't wanna leave! We have SO much support from our Ward Council and the rest of the members. And, we get fed every night now :) We are so close with so many Ward members and it is the best feeling.

Yesterday was Sister Corey's birthday. We spent it in DC with my friend from high school, AVERY! This marks the 3rd time we have seen each other since I began on my mission. We went to this cool Asian restaurant for lunch. I dropped a glass of ginger limeade down a flight of stairs and glass shattered everywhere. That was an event in and of itself! Then we went to the National Art Gallery which I'm pretty sure is the best part of the Mall (besides the Lincoln Memorial...and Jamba Juice). It was so great to be with Avery.







Sunday night I texted the TWO Relief Society presidents in our ward informing them of  Sister Corey's birthday (Monday). We planned a surprise "Fro-Yo" trip. And, our lovely Relief Society Presidents went the extra mile. They arranged to have some AMAZING gals in our Ward come to Sister Corey's "surprise party!" The more the merrier. It was the sweetest thing. We had so much fun!




So yeah, pretty much, the Potomac Ward is the best.  

Have a great week everyone!

Sister Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS