Monday, August 10, 2015

Here I Am


At the Nationals' Baseball Game 8/8/2015

Hey Everybody - 

Our investigator Tom gave us some workouts to do. He demonstrated them and everything...we don't mess around in Potomac. MY ARMS ARE STILL BURNING FROM ALL THE DIPS AND PUSH UPS. I'm dying. Why is getting fit such a force to be reckoned with? We made a deal with him that if he prayed, we would plank. What did we get ourselves into?

Speaking of investigators, we had an AWESOME lesson with another one of our investigators, and he's praying about a date for baptism!!! :) 

Transfers happened and Sister Corey and I are staying in the Potomac Ward. Our District Leader pranked me and told me I was going to get transferred. It was NOT funny. I was so mad at him. My heart literally stopped and my stomach ached at the thought of leaving my area. How could I leave this incredible ward????? I could literally go to the Potomac Ward every single Sunday for the rest of my mission and be totally content.  

Sister Corey and I did a lot this week. We found a lot of people that our Bishop and Relief Society Presidents told us to go find. We had great lessons with them. I have such a strong testimony that working with the less-active members is just as important as finding new people to teach. 

We got a new car...it has about 1000 miles on it. Safe to say this will be the nicest car I will ever drive in my whole entire life. We said farewell to our dear old car on Thursday. It was a sad goodbye, but it was needed. It's going to be really nice not having to go to Firestone every 2 weeks for some new melodramatic problem. I swear I've been to Firestone more than the Temple Visitor's Center on my mission. 

We went to the Nationals Baseball game on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Got to see everyone I love. We didn't get home until midnight. We had such a blast! I ran into Hermanas from the DC North Mission who team taught an investigator with us. I also decided it would be a good idea to take a selfie with the DC North Mission President, President Cook. I was going to take one with my actual mission president, but I never got the chance. At least I have a selfie with some DC mission president, right? I saw Sister Maw, Rossi, and Tescher! Crazy that two of my companions went home on Friday (Sister Savage and Wright). But, it was sooo good to see my former partners in crime at the baseball game! 


President Cook and Sister Kelly


Saying, "Goodbye" to Sister Wright at the Mission Office

This month Sister Corey and I are going around the ward and doing the "August Attribute Challenge" with our ward members. I did this last year in the Oakton Ward and I'm excited to be doing it again here in the Potomac Ward. This month I personally chose the attribute, Diligence. It's been a really edifying experience studying the true meaning of diligence. I have A LOT to work on in this area. 

Speaking of "Diligence" or the lack thereof...the other day, a ward member asked me what I studied at BYU. Sister Corey quickly stated, "Sister Kelly studied FUN her freshman year." We both started to giggle. Yeah, let's just say my quest for diligence will be a continuing effort while I forge through my BYU career.

OH, I almost forgot the most exciting part of our week. We accidentally got lost in Georgetown (aka the Washington DC North Mission). We were trying to find somebody in Rosslyn (which really reminds of San Francisco, for some reason) when we got on the wrong street and before we knew it....we were crossing the Potomac River. Then we got lost in Georgetown because our GPS likes to make our life miserable. It was pretty dramatic. At least I can now say that I have been to Georgetown. It's super pretty by the way..I may like it more than Old Town...shhh. The worst part is that I looked on a map to see where we actually got lost. We were only 1 block away from GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES. I was so close, yet so far away...

Love you all!

Sister Kelly



With Sister Rossi












No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS