Monday, October 12, 2015

3 More Months #pressingforward



Letter from the mission president regarding my travels plans back home to Milwaukee.
Hello Everyone!

Last week I thought to myself..."Gee...I have 2 baptisms in 2 weeks! Lucky me."

Well...that changed.

Veronica's parents apparently got really angry with her when she broke the news to them about her being baptized. It was so heartbreaking seeing this girl want something so badly and knowing it was the right thing...yet having someone she loves not agree. It was really shocking. And confusing. And hard. We are pushing her baptism back 
but we realize that the situation needed to happen :) Sweet Veronica is really learning how to press forward in faith, as am I.

There is always a setback before somethings great happens.

We have some new amazing investigators though! One has a cousin serving a mission in West Virginia. Oh and sweet Jordan who got baptized in August went to the temple for the first time and we went with her. It was amazing!  



Washington DC Temple
I felt so humbled to have God bless us with amazing prepared people right as we thought the world was ending since Veronica had to push back her baptism. (She even bought a dress!) But we are pressing forward.

Speaking of pressing forward, President Huntsman gathered all the missionaries who are going home in the next 3 months and had a "Return With Honor" meeting. It was so incredible. I love that man. It made me think about what motivates us and why we are still out here. 


think my answer changes everyday. 

Last week, I had to change clothes because we got soaked and there was a short period of time where I didn't have my missionary badge on. I looked at myself in the mirror, without my badge, and sorrow creeped into my heart. 

I only have 3 more months of this. 
3 more months of telling people on an hourly basis that Christ loves them. 
3 more months of inviting people to have faith. 
3 more months of seeing people's lives change and brighten. 
Only 3 more months of MEMBER DINNERS and sharing spiritual thoughts (my fave).

Ahhhh. So sad. Oh and I got my papers to fill out for my flight info. back home to Milwaukee.  


Bahhhhh! I still have so much to learn.

Love you all,

xoxo Sister Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, how I have enjoyed reading your posts. This one especially, I choked me up. Geena enters the MTC at noon today. I hope her adventures are as wonderful as yours have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Elizabeth, how I have enjoyed reading your posts. This one especially, I choked me up. Geena enters the MTC at noon today. I hope her adventures are as wonderful as yours have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're really coming back to us?! So soon - at least for me it feels like it flew by. We have missed you, but now I need to get my act together and write you a real paper letter. Enjoy every last minute!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS