Monday, July 27, 2015

Fender Bender, Car Towed and a Rockstar Investigator

Playing croquet with Sister Corey
Hey Everyone!

First off,  I would like to put it out there that I'm pretty sure Sister Corey is training ME. She's helped me out a lot and I'm grateful to have her as my trainee/trainer. She is amazing.

Everyday has its adventures. Let me explain. 

On Saturday, we were on our way to an appointment and we got into a fender bender! Not our fault. Our car only has a little dent but it was still kinda scary! I had some bad whiplash but nothing Advil and a rice bag can't fix. Sister Corey and I were joking that our day had been pretty boring which was odd because everyday in Potomac is an adventure. Nothing like a good 'ol fender bender to spice up the day! So grateful that everyone was okay.

In addition, let me add, that our car got towed and IT WAS NOT OUR FAULT. The concierge at the apartment complex we visited wrote down the wrong expiration date on our visitor's pass. Our car had to spend the night in a sketchy tow yard in Alexandria :( We didn't have to pay which was a total miracle since tow companies are pretty unforgiving. 

We have been making huge progress with our investigators! One of them came to church all on his own, went to a Stake Priesthood Meeting afterwards, will be going to Family Home Evening tonight, and THEN is going to institute with us! Can you say a Rockstar? ROCKSTAR. We love him. He works for Senator Hatch so he's already surrounded by members of our church on a daily basis.

I crave church, like everyday...especially the Potomac Ward. These people are so incredible and I just want to be surrounded by them ALL THE TIME. 

I officially come home in less than 6 months. It's been really eye opening evaluating myself and seeing the strengths I've developed and the weaknesses I've come across this past year. I have a lot to work on but I have come a long way. There are changes I've made in my life that I am very proud of and I am excited to test out myself when I come back to the real world.

I love you all!

Sister Kelly



Typical home in Arlington, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS