Monday, December 7, 2015

Simply Teaching



Dear Family and Friends, 

I'm going through a phase where everything that I am learning is super-eye-opening.  I'm a little ticked that I'm learning this 17-months-out, instead of 17-weeks-out.

For example, last week two people from the Mission Department in Salt Lake City, came to our mission. We had a training meeting where we focused on the importance of 
planning and teaching simply. I heard "teach simply," "simplify your teaching," "be simple in your teaching" and "teach in a way you would teach a 9-year-old" the entire conference. WOW! It really hit me of how important it is to "teach simply".

We had an investigator who was really sick for a month and then got in a car accident. We Skyped her from her bed the entire month of November. Yesterday, she came to church! Yay!

We have been getting so many referrals this week and teaching people. I love going out and talking with people about the gospel...even though sometimes it's a little nerve wracking :(

Last night, we watched the Christmas Broadcast at the Washington DC Temple Visitors' Center. We went with a senior missionary couple, Elder and Sister Kinard and a recent convert. The temple is so beautiful this time of year. I am excited to be a sister missionary there this week.

In the Braddock Ward we have a "break the fast" party after every fast Sunday. Yesterday, the food theme was a CEREAL BAR. 

SISTER KELLY LOVES CEREAL AND THE WARD GAVE US ALL THE LEFTOVER CEREAL!

That miracle happened  about 3 minutes after I paid my fast offering. Coincidence? I think not.

Have a great week...

Happy Birthday Moo!

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS