Monday, November 17, 2014

And Many More Reasons To Love Washington, DC

Hello Everyone - 

This was another wonderful week. More awesome than awkward, and that is just the way I like it.

For recording purposes only, Sister Rossi and I decided to take photos of each other so that we can remember the last of the Fall color. Next post, we will be bundled up in the ice and snow. 


Did I mention I love it out here?!


Just enjoying the last of the Fall color. 


The last of the Fall leaves and I am proud to be a part of it. 
Awkward Notes

I will start with my weekly "awkward moments." And they are just a few...

Met a man on the street and he started talking to us. Sister Rossi and I thought to ourselves, "Yes, a new investigator!" Turns out, he has been a member of the Oakton Ward for the past 20 years. Unfortunately, we did not recognize him. A bit uncomfortable when we saw him in church yesterday. We waved to acknowledge him from across the chapel.  

I drove on the WRONG side of the road. Still alive! Still loving the challenge of driving! 


Awesome Notes - 

A few months back, I told you about Tian, who was baptized in August. She lives with the Muirs. Tian teaches the Muir children Chinese in exchange for less rent. Therefore Tian can pay her tithing and continue on going to school to earn her Master's Degree. Sister Muir has a nephew named, Haksong; and, he accepted to be baptized on December 13th. We teach Haksong English at our church building. Recently, we started reading the Book of Mormon with him twice a week. The full-time Elders (male missionaries) assigned to our ward have been teaching him the missionary lessons. We are so happy for Haksong. 

Sister Rossi and I experienced some amazing miracles this week finding people to teach. We received three missionary referrals and are anxious to get started teaching more people. 

Sister Rossi and I also took one of the high school girls in our ward out to teach with us. What an incredible experience. We got a lot done. When it was time for her to go home, we wanted to kidnap her and turn her into a missionary so we could be a trio...

What gets more awesome each week? Sister Rossi. 'nuf said.

But the best of the best this week was seeing one of my BYU soulmates, Sister Karenna Meredith! Last week she emailed me that she and her companion would be at the Lincoln Memorial, Monday, November 17, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. She is in the Washington, DC North Mission (I am in the DC South Mission). We do not know each other's phone numbers. This presented some challenges. So this morning, Sister Rossi and I went on some deep faith and a lot of prayers and off we went on the Metro into DC, in the freezing cold rain, hoping, just hoping Sister Meredith and her companion would be at the Lincoln Memorial at the designated time. And yes! There she was. A dream come true! Karenna is part of my family. She was one of the first BYU friends I had when I arrived for BYU Summer Term 2013. And to think now, as missionaries, we are so close geographically. She knows my grandparents on both sides. Since she is from the Bay Area...she is a SF Giants fan. Karenna saw my Grandma Kay in the Provo Temple while she was in the MTC. Ahhhh! Who knew my mission would have this gem of a memory attached to it? What a day. 

Thank you, again, for your love and support and your prayers and even reading my blog. I love you all!!!

xoxoxo

Sister Elizabeth Marguerite Kelly


Just look at our smiles. 

This is the photo we sent my mom from Karenna's camera.


Star Spangled Spirit - Sister Kelly and Sister Meredith.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS