Monday, November 10, 2014

How Great Thou Art

Hello Friends and Family:

A quick post with some fun photos. My weeks are busy and that is a good thing. 


I participated in a violin and flute duet yesterday (Sunday) in church. We played "How Great Thou Art." It was a wonderful experience. The girl pictured with me is only 11 years old and she plays the flute beautifully. Impressive. I don't know what was more exciting, us playing "How Great Thou Art" or our coordinating outfits. I was so excited to wear my "saved for only special occasions skirt" that my beautiful San Francisco Grandma bought for me when we went pre-mission shopping in May. Also, please take note at my new hair-do. Chop, chop. It was time for a change. 

Look at our outfits. 
Ready to perform.


And to add to the excitement, Sister Rossi and I were invited to teach the 8-12 year old girls in our ward about what it is like to serve a mission. Being from Milwaukee, I am not used to so many young girls from that age group in a ward. These girls are an impressive bunch.  

Just look at these girls. I love them!
And then there was Saturday (Nov. 8th). Our ward helped Pastor Dawn-Marie Singleton from the Oakton United Methodist Church rake the leaves in her home. Pastor Singleton had all kinds of great questions about missionaries. She told our ward mission leader, Brother Noel, that she was very impressed with what Sister Rossi and I are doing as missionaries. She invited us to come and introduce ourselves to her congregation and explain what we do. We were so excited. 

Pastor Singleton and the Sisters. 

We love the great outdoors.


I have so much joy in my life. (I guess jumping in a pile of leaves has now been crossed off my bucket list. Ha!) But I have this immense joy, continually. I love this work. I am so thankful to be out here. I love my mission so much. I continue to learn something new everyday about myself. Stretching and growing has its many perks.


Love to all,

Sister Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS