Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Family and Friends:

BIG NEWS! I am staying in Oakton for another six weeks! I am so excited! So this means that I will be in my 1st area for a solid 6 months! This doesn't usually happen and I want to thank all who were responsible for me staying here for the holidays. 

Sister Rossi (who by the way is a 100% angel) and I looked at our area/planning book and realized that if we want to meet goals, we need to re-vamp EVERYTHING. Here's hoping that with faith and prayers and hard work we can see miracles happen :) 

A transfer is every six weeks. And a new transfer is cause for reflection. Here are some more things I have learned about life these past six weeks.  

- Homemade cheesecake is better than store bought.
- Dogs can live without teeth.
- Working out gives you energy...who knew?
- Tracting at 8:30 pm is never a good idea.
- Raking leaves for Paster Singleton, a Methodist minister = Getting invited to speak to her Methodist congregation about what we as Mormon missionaries do out here in the mission field. Really excited about this opportunity.
- I cannot cook. Therefore, my future family will be going to Costco on Thanksgiving. 
- Just found out that Costco is closed on Thanksgiving Day. So in that case, we will be going to McDonald's. #amurricah
- I love Virginia autumns.
- I love Virginia homes in the autumn.
- Perfection is not expected of us, all that is expected of us is to try.
- Christ understands everything, so venting to Him is always a good idea. 

Love and Happy Thanksgiving...

Sister Elizabeth Kelly

Our new district. The only one that is new is Elder Adair...he is to my left. 

Us! Together for the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS