Monday, February 2, 2015

Elder Styles, a Renaissance Fair Wedding and The Love of God

Hey Everyone!

Another week of miracles and interesting experiences. 

First off, I LOVE Virginia. The drivers and roads are crazy and the weather is awful but I really LOVE it out here. I have made some life long friends and have had so many learning experiences out here. Also, my companion, Sister Wright is wonderful.  She's so chill and yet such a hard worker! We get along so well and have already made many memories. The work here is on fire.....ANDREW IS PLANNING ON GETTING BAPTIZED ON VALENTINE'S DAY! This will be the best Valentine's Day ever! I just hope and pray his dad consents and lets him get baptized. As I shared last week, Andrew is the young man who at age 15 wears a suit to church and regularly reads The Book of Mormon.  

This past week, we found two people who once upon a time had investigated our church. We have developed really good relationships with them and are teaching them this week. One of them is a Japanese lady named Misako.  She is super sweet and her husband Will, is a historian and has read the entire Book of Mormon! 

Also ELDER STYLES WAS A SUCCESS! Teya came to church and has offered to say the closing prayer both times we have taught her. Gosh, I love that girl. She is so sassy and is a total mix of me and my sister, Meredith. Her mom, a recent convert, is so amazing. I love her a lot. 





We made this cake...
We have formed a really amazing relationship with this less active. We have family history indexing parties with her and then she takes us out to lunch! I love her so much. She and her husband are really into Renaissance Fairs. They had a Renaissance themed wedding at the Maryland Renaissance Fair. The wedding ceremony took place on stage and people thought it was a show! The wedding photos are priceless.  She told us that she doesn't like a lot of the members who reach out to her but she loves us. She and I bond over the TV show, "Grey's Anatomy." 

It was such a great experience seeing Tian again and being with her in the Washington DC Temple this past Saturday. She did temple work for her Chinese ancestors. She was glowing and was so happy! 


With Tian.

At the Temple's Visitor Center with Tian.

This week, I discovered Dieter. F. Uchtdorf's talk,"The Love of God" from the October 2009 Ensign. It answered a lot of my prayers and everyone needs to read it! 

Love you all!

Sister Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS