Monday, January 12, 2015

Feeling Fine in Franconia

Hey Everyone! 

It happened. I got transferred. On Thursday, January 8, 2015, I was told by our mission president, President Riggs that I will be moving or transferred to the Franconia Ward in Alexandria, VA. Which really means I am that much closer to one of my new favorite places, Old Town Alexandria (this town sits right along the Potomac River). I knew it was time to leave the Oakton Ward when I started calling some of the members by their first names. I would have been totally fine serving the rest of my mission in the Oakton area. But much to my dismay, it was time for a change. 

I felt so loved in Oakton and there are so many people there that changed my life. Seriously! They all touched my life in such amazing, unique ways. First off, I am going to miss Lee...the mailman. He was awesome. All missionaries appreciate the mailman. I left a part of my heart in the Oakton Ward. The people, the memories. SISTER ROSSI!  Shoutout to that rock star. I don't know what I would have done without her.

I was actually terrified of transfers. I had so many amazing experiences in Oakton, I was convinced it was all going to be downhill from there. So you can only imagine how sad it was to leave. I kept my composure (sort of) for most of the families that I said goodbye to. I started to really shed tears leaving the Noels. It all just didn't feel real. Until the next morning when we were driving to "transfer meeting." That's when the waterworks hit. I could not stop crying. I had bottled up the tears and they would not stop. It was so embarrassing. I had to say goodbye to some missionaries (Sister Richins) who were going home. It was so hard. I felt sorry for my new companion who was watching all of this tear shedding.  

SPEAKING OF WHICH

My new companion is SISTER WRIGHT! She is from Clovis, CA. She has been a missionary for one year.  

Sister Wright is so so sweet! Wow, do I love her! She is super easy going and is an incredible missionary. I am so blessed to have her as my new companion. We work really well together. It's funny how God just knows where you need to be and who you need to be with. I was so afraid of the adjustment of a new area but the Franconia Ward has made the adjustment super easy. I'm already starting to really love it here. 

The missionary work in Franconia is on fire! We are teaching a 15-year-old boy named Andrew who is so awesome. His friend, Ryan, invited him to church a few months ago and he's been to church every Sunday since then. He reads the Book of Mormon (what?!?!) and prays on his own (double what?!?!). His mom finally agreed to allow him to get baptized so now we just have to wait for his dad to say, "Yes!" We are also teaching a 16-year-old girl named Whitney. She is from Cameroon and already has a firm knowledge of God's love. We have people to teach and are super busy and...it feels great! Everyone in the Franconia Ward is on top of things. It's a huge reason the adjustment has been so easy. The Oakton Ward was really on top of things as well. I have seen some amazing leaders who really understand missionary work.

A fun fact about Sister Wright...she has amazing music. It's Christian music. I love it! 

And Sister Kennedy is in my district. Even more good times!

I will have more photos in a few weeks. I'm in a new library and I don't really know how these computers work. But for now, here is a pic of me and Sister Kennedy emailing our family and friends at the library. And, here's a pic of my new companion, Sister Wright, doing our laundry.

Thank you for reading. Have a great week! 

xoxo Sister Kelly 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS